* Shoulder height: 67 cm for dogs
and 61cm for bitches, with a margin of 3cm above or below
* Weight: between 35 and 45 kg for
dogs and between 25 and 35 kg for bithes.
* Ears: very characteristic. Set
sideways on the head, small in proportion, thick and triangular
* Eyes: these are almost triangular
(almond shaped) and at a slant.
* Tail: curled over the back
* Gait: springing step
* Color: The Akita is permissible
in several colors: red, sesame, brindle and white. All of
these colors must have 'Urajiro' in them, i.e. whitish colored
hair on the snout, under the snout, on the cheeks, throat,
chest and stomach, on the top of the tail and on the inside